Billington Funeral, November 19, 1943
Photographer: J. Gordon Henderson ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/about-the-collection/j-gordon-henderson ) ..Description: .Black and white image of a group of officers and Fleet Air Arm men leaving a funeral home. The funeral home is a two story brick building with the number '17' on a pillar. The men are wearing uniforms with long coats and hats. There is a sign on the front lawn of the home. The negative was stored in a white envelope with '149 Billington funeral' written on the envelope in blue ink...Object ID : A992.0003.298..View this item in the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol's collections database. ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/objects/A992.0003.298/A992.0003.298 ) ..Order a higher-quality version of this item (fee applies). ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/reproductions/order/A992.0003.298 )
Goderich Airport (ICAO: CYGD), also known as Goderich Municipal Airport, is a registered aerodrome located 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km; 1.7 mi) north of Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The aerodrome is best known as the home of Sky Harbour Aircraft, an aircraft paint shop. During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch. No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.