Billington Funeral, November 19, 1943
Photographer: J. Gordon Henderson ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/about-the-collection/j-gordon-henderson ) ..Description: .Black and white image of a group of men in Fleet Air Arm uniforms leaving a funeral home. There are two rows of men lined up on either side of the walkway holding floral wreaths. Coming down the walkway is one man wearing a long jacket and holding his hat. Behind him are men in Navy uniforms holding a casket. On the right side of the picture is a sign on the lawn that reads 'Cranston Funeral Home'. The negative was stored in a white envelope with '150 Billington funeral' written on the envelope in blue ink...Object ID : A992.0003.299..View this item in the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol's collections database. ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/objects/A992.0003.299/A992.0003.299 ) ..Order a higher-quality version of this item (fee applies). ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/reproductions/order/A992.0003.299 )
Goderich Airport (ICAO: CYGD), also known as Goderich Municipal Airport, is a registered aerodrome located 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km; 1.7 mi) north of Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The aerodrome is best known as the home of Sky Harbour Aircraft, an aircraft paint shop. During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch. No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.