Billington Funeral, November 19, 1943
Photographer: J. Gordon Henderson ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/about-the-collection/j-gordon-henderson ) ..Description: .Black and white image of a funeral procession. There is a casket covered with the Union Jack flag, surrounded with flowers on the back of a flat bed truck. RCAF is written on the truck passenger door. There are three men in Fleet Air Arm uniforms walking beside the casket on the street. There are other cars parked on the street. The Goderich Library is in the background. The negative was stored in a white envelope with '153 Billington funeral' written on the envelope in blue ink...Object ID : A992.0003.302..View this item in the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol's collections database. ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/objects/A992.0003.302/A992.0003.302 ) ..Order a higher-quality version of this item (fee applies). ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/reproductions/order/A992.0003.302 )
Goderich Airport (ICAO: CYGD), also known as Goderich Municipal Airport, is a registered aerodrome located 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km; 1.7 mi) north of Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The aerodrome is best known as the home of Sky Harbour Aircraft, an aircraft paint shop. During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch. No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.