St. George's Church Plaque, about 1940-1945
Photographer: J. Gordon Henderson ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/about-the-collection/j-gordon-henderson ) ..Description: .Black and white image of a memorial plaque at St. George's Anglican Church in Goderich, Ontario. The plaque is in memorial of those who were at Royal Air Force School of Navigation that were killed on active service in Canada. There are three flags hanging about the plaque. One of two similar negatives (labelled a & b) that were accompanied by one black and white print (labelled c). The negatives and photograph were kept in a brown envelope with '1131 St. Georges Church Plaque' written on it in blue ink. Also included in the envelope was A992.0003.168. ..Object ID : A992.0003.167..View this item in the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol's collections database. ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/objects/A992.0003.167/A992.0003.167a ) ..Order a higher-quality version of this item (fee applies). ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/reproductions/order/A992.0003.167a )
Goderich Airport (ICAO: CYGD), also known as Goderich Municipal Airport, is a registered aerodrome located 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km; 1.7 mi) north of Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The aerodrome is best known as the home of Sky Harbour Aircraft, an aircraft paint shop. During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch. No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.