St. George Memorial Tablet, about 1940-1945
Photographer: J. Gordon Henderson ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/about-the-collection/j-gordon-henderson ) ..Description: .Black and white image of the memorial in St. George's Church, Goderich. Bunting and flags are above the three plaques. Two of the plaques are in remembrance of the Royal Air Force School of Navigation and the middle plaque is in remembrance of those 'who have volunteered for active service with Canada's Fighting Forces.' One of two nearly identical negatives (labelled a & b). The negatives were kept in a brown envelope with '1109 St. George Memorial Tablet' written on it in black ink and red pencil. ..Object ID : A992.0003.164..View this item in the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol's collections database. ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/objects/A992.0003.164/A992.0003.164a ) ..Order a higher-quality version of this item (fee applies). ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/reproductions/order/A992.0003.164a )
Goderich Airport (ICAO: CYGD), also known as Goderich Municipal Airport, is a registered aerodrome located 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km; 1.7 mi) north of Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The aerodrome is best known as the home of Sky Harbour Aircraft, an aircraft paint shop. During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch. No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.