No. 87 Sky Harbour Class, about 1940-1943
Photographer: J. Gordon Henderson ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/about-the-collection/j-gordon-henderson ) ..Description: .Black and white image of class 87 of No. 12 Elementary Flight Training School. There are three rows of men in uniform. The back and middle rows are standing, the front row is sitting on chairs outside on a runway with an airplane and barracks in the background. 'Class No. 87 - No. 12 EFTS ' appears near the bottom of the picture. There are 4 black and white photographs (labelled a - d) and 1 negative (labelled e). Also included in the same envelope is a negative of an unidentified man in uniform standing beside a plane outside (labelled f). The photographs and negatives were in a brown envelope with '87 Class 87' written on it in pencil. ..Object ID : A992.0003.061..View this item in the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol's collections database. ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/objects/A992.0003.061/A992.0003.061f ) ..Order a higher-quality version of this item (fee applies). ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/reproductions/order/A992.0003.061f )
Goderich Airport (ICAO: CYGD), also known as Goderich Municipal Airport, is a registered aerodrome located 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km; 1.7 mi) north of Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The aerodrome is best known as the home of Sky Harbour Aircraft, an aircraft paint shop. During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch. No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.
During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch.No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.