F/O Peacock, about 1943
Photographer: J. Gordon Henderson ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/about-the-collection/j-gordon-henderson ) ..Description: .Black and white image of five men holding rifles standing outside with two deer carcasses. Two of the men are sitting on the hood of a car. There is a woman sitting in the passenger seat. The man on the right is wearing an RAF or RCAF uniform with rubber boots, a scarf, and a winter hat. There is an Eagle Shoulder flash and Sergeant Chevrons on his sleeve. The second man on the right is wearing a dark jacket, sweater, scarf, and hat. The third man on the left is (sitting on the hood) is F/Lt Ross Perrin, Assistant Chief Supervisory Officer. He has a moustache. The second man on the left is wearing a cardigan sweater with stripe details on the cuffs and down the centre. He is also wearing a hat. The first man on the left is wearing dark coloured pants, a dark jacket with a zipper and a beret style hat. ..Object ID : A992.0003.687..View this item in the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol's collections database. ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/objects/A992.0003.687/A992.0003.687 ) ..Order a higher-quality version of this item (fee applies). ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/reproductions/order/A992.0003.687 )
Goderich Airport (ICAO: CYGD), also known as Goderich Municipal Airport, is a registered aerodrome located 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km; 1.7 mi) north of Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The aerodrome is best known as the home of Sky Harbour Aircraft, an aircraft paint shop. During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch. No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.
During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch.No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.