Sky Harbour EFTS No. 12 Class 23, about 1940-1943
Photographer: J. Gordon Henderson ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/about-the-collection/j-gordon-henderson ) ..Description: .Black and white image of Sky Harbour No. 12 Elementary Flight Training School Class 23. Picture consists of three rows of men in uniform posing outside on a tarmac with an airplane and barrack in the background. Four of the men are wearing a lighter colour uniform. Written on the back of the picture in blue pencil is '23'. 'No. 23' is written in lead pencil near the centre back of the photograph. The photograph was accompanied by 23 black and white photographs. All of the photographs were kept in a brown envelope with '1007 Wilson & Swanbergson' written on it in pencil and blue ink. ..Object ID : A992.0003.148..View this item in the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol's collections database. ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/objects/A992.0003.148/A992.0003.148 ) ..Order a higher-quality version of this item (fee applies). ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/reproductions/order/A992.0003.148 )
Goderich Airport (ICAO: CYGD), also known as Goderich Municipal Airport, is a registered aerodrome located 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km; 1.7 mi) north of Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The aerodrome is best known as the home of Sky Harbour Aircraft, an aircraft paint shop. During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch. No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.
During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch.No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.