R.J. Davis, about 1940-1945
Photographer: J. Gordon Henderson ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/about-the-collection/j-gordon-henderson ) ..Description: .Black and white wide shot portrait of a man in an RCAF or RAF uniform sitting on a chair in a photographer's studio. There is a screen behind him and a rug on the floor. There is also a curtain hanging from the ceiling. On the right side of the picture there appears to be a stove. ..Object ID : A992.0003.727..View this item in the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol's collections database. ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/objects/A992.0003.727/A992.0003.727 ) ..Order a higher-quality version of this item (fee applies). ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/reproductions/order/A992.0003.727 )
Goderich Airport (ICAO: CYGD), also known as Goderich Municipal Airport, is a registered aerodrome located 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km; 1.7 mi) north of Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The aerodrome is best known as the home of Sky Harbour Aircraft, an aircraft paint shop. During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch. No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.