Pennant Photos, about 1940-1944
Photographer: J. Gordon Henderson ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/about-the-collection/j-gordon-henderson ) ..Description: .Black and white image of a barrack near a flag pole flying two pennant flags. In February 1944, the No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School at Sky Harbour won the Ministers' Efficiency Pennant (bottom, with the 'E' on it). These pennants were awarded quarterly to the training schools operating at the highest standard of efficiency, based on monthly standings. These pennants were authorized to be flown for three months, after which time the pennant was to be removed from the pole and displayed in the administration office. There are other barracks visible in the background. The negative was in a brown envelope with 3 other negatives. 'Sky Harbour Pennant Photos' was written on the envelope in blue ink. ..Object ID : A992.0003.008..View this item in the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol's collections database. ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/objects/A992.0003.008/A992.0003.008 ) ..Order a higher-quality version of this item (fee applies). ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/reproductions/order/A992.0003.008 )
Goderich Airport (ICAO: CYGD), also known as Goderich Municipal Airport, is a registered aerodrome located 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km; 1.7 mi) north of Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The aerodrome is best known as the home of Sky Harbour Aircraft, an aircraft paint shop. During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch. No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.
During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch.No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.