No.11 Specialist N Course, about 1940-1945
Photographer: J. Gordon Henderson ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/about-the-collection/j-gordon-henderson ) ..Description: .Black and white image of No.11 Special N Course. There is just one line of six men sitting on chairs inside. Original negative (labelled a) accompanied by 6 black and white photographs with different exposures (labelled b - g). In one copy of the photograph, the men's names appear written about their head. In two copies of the photograph, as well as the negative, the names are written across the men's chests. Three copies of the photograph there are no names. 'Henderson Studio Photo No. 11' appears in the bottom right hand corner in all the images. (L to R): P/O Bilbe-Robinson, F/O Palka, F/O Hall, P/O Glover, P/O Forsdyke, F/O Dunthorne The photographs and negative were kept in a black envelope with 'No 11 857 Specialist N Course' written on the label in blue ink. ..Object ID : A992.0003.096..View this item in the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol's collections database. ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/objects/A992.0003.096/A992.0003.096a ) ..Order a higher-quality version of this item (fee applies). ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/reproductions/order/A992.0003.096a )
During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch.No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.