No.10 Specialist N. Course, about 1940-1945
Photographer: J. Gordon Henderson ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/about-the-collection/j-gordon-henderson ) ..Description: .Black and white image of No.10 Specialist N. Course. There are two rows of men in uniform. The back row is standing and the front row is sitting on chairs inside. In all copies of the photograph the men are identified. In five of the photographs the names of the men appear at the bottom of the picture, in some copies names are cut off. One print has the names of the men are written at the top and bottom of the picture and had a note pinned to the top left corner that read 'Mr. Henderson No 10 Spc 'N' Course 8 copies [signature]'. Back Row (L to R): P/O Westlake, F/O Fenwick, F/O Milton, F/O Campbell-Rogers, P/O Summers Front Row (L to R): F/Lt Angell, F/Lt McKinlay, F/Lt Marshall, F/O Tremear Six black and white photographs with different exposures (labelled a -f) accompanied by a note (labelled g). The photographs were kept in a brown envelope with '862 No. 10 Specialist N. Course' written on it in blue ink. ..Object ID : A992.0003.094..View this item in the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol's collections database. ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/objects/A992.0003.094/A992.0003.094b ) ..Order a higher-quality version of this item (fee applies). ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/reproductions/order/A992.0003.094b )
Goderich Airport (ICAO: CYGD), also known as Goderich Municipal Airport, is a registered aerodrome located 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km; 1.7 mi) north of Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The aerodrome is best known as the home of Sky Harbour Aircraft, an aircraft paint shop. During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch. No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.
During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch.No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.