No. 5 Sky Harbour Class, about 1940-1943
Photographer: J. Gordon Henderson ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/about-the-collection/j-gordon-henderson ) ..Description: .Black and white image of class 5 of No. 12 Elementary Flight Training School. There are two rows of men in uniform. The back row is standing and the front row is sitting in front of an airplane on a wet and icy runway. Back Row (left to right): McKenzie, ?, Taylor, Nooworad [?], Price, Thomas, Collins, Blake, Munro, Dyer, Thompson, Gill, Baldwin, Cuthbert Front Row (left to right): ?, Cuddington, Fiddler, Miller, Godfrey, Thain [?], Kinahan [?], Leatherman, Steeves, Johnston, Edmunds, Reid, Hicks, Avent, Duffield, Ruther There are 5 black and white photographs with different exposures (labelled a-e) The photographs were in a brown envelope with '859 No 19 Sky Harbor' written in pencil and 'No. 5 ... neg' written in blue pencil. ..Object ID : A992.0003.016..View this item in the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol's collections database. ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/objects/A992.0003.016/A992.0003.016c ) ..Order a higher-quality version of this item (fee applies). ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/reproductions/order/A992.0003.016c )
Goderich Airport (ICAO: CYGD), also known as Goderich Municipal Airport, is a registered aerodrome located 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km; 1.7 mi) north of Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The aerodrome is best known as the home of Sky Harbour Aircraft, an aircraft paint shop. During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch. No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.
During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch.No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.