No. 31 Radio School, Account Section, about 1941-1945
Photographer: J. Gordon Henderson ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/about-the-collection/j-gordon-henderson ) ..Description: .Black and white image of No. 31 Radio School Ont. Account Section. Picture is of three rows of men, the back row is standing, the middle row is sitting on chair, and the front row is sitting on the ground outside in front of a building. All of the men are wearing dark ties, shorts, and socks pulled up to the knee. The original negative (labelled a) is accompanied by 6 black and white prints (labelled b - g). The negative and photographs were kept in a brown envelope with '970 No. 31 Radio School Ont account section' written on it in pencil. Also in the envelope was A992.0003.121. ..Object ID : A992.0003.122..View this item in the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol's collections database. ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/objects/A992.0003.122/A992.0003.122a ) ..Order a higher-quality version of this item (fee applies). ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/reproductions/order/A992.0003.122a )
Goderich Airport (ICAO: CYGD), also known as Goderich Municipal Airport, is a registered aerodrome located 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km; 1.7 mi) north of Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The aerodrome is best known as the home of Sky Harbour Aircraft, an aircraft paint shop. During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch. No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.
During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch.No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.