No. 16 Sky Harbour Class, December 1941
Photographer: J. Gordon Henderson ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/about-the-collection/j-gordon-henderson ) ..Description: .Black and white image of class 16 of No. 12 Elementary Flight Training School. There are three rows of men in uniform. The back and middle rows are standing and the front row is sitting. The picture was taken inside an airplane hanger and there is an airplane visible in the background. Back Row (left to right): Murphy, R.L.F.; Pile, H.J.; McNair, J.A.; Wagman, J; Warner, R.L.; Stevenson, J.M.; Thorn, D.F.; Ullyett, L.W.; Oldershaw, E.J.; Gough, W.C.J.; Edwards, E.E.; Hall, L.W.; Duncan, R.; Rish, M.G. Centre Row (left to right): Sgt. Elliott, A.R.; Sefton, J.S.; Kavanaugh, R.J.; Phillips, J.W.; Tokarek, F.; Ballard, J.D.; Farnden, A.J.; Beckwall, J.W.; Wright, W.C.; Beckwall, A.L.; Witton, S.D.; Kent, S.M.; Taylor, A.R.; Richardson, Rah.; Wickson, G.C.; Lyle, E.F. Front Row (left to right): (kneeling) - Prefontaine, J.J.; Judd, W.C. - (sitting) - Wheeler, F.B.; Cragg, L.E.; Smith, F.M.; Nablett, L.G.; Willingham, C.M.; Flt. Lieut. Thres, L.W.; Ross, E.E.; Wilson, G.E.; Warner, K.W.; Lyle J.A.; Thompson, I.C. (kneeling) Hewer, G.D. There are 3 black and white negatives (labelled a - c). The negatives were in a brown envelope with '909 Sky Harbour Dece 11 F2 - 3 secs paper over 4 men on end 2 ply'' written in pencil and '16' written in blue pencil. ..Object ID : A992.0003.025..View this item in the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol's collections database. ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/objects/A992.0003.025/A992.0003.025c ) ..Order a higher-quality version of this item (fee applies). ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/reproductions/order/A992.0003.025c )
Goderich Airport (ICAO: CYGD), also known as Goderich Municipal Airport, is a registered aerodrome located 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km; 1.7 mi) north of Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The aerodrome is best known as the home of Sky Harbour Aircraft, an aircraft paint shop. During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch. No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.
During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch.No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.