No. 14 Sky Harbour Class, October 9, 1941
Photographer: J. Gordon Henderson ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/about-the-collection/j-gordon-henderson ) ..Description: .Black and white image of class 14 of No. 12 Elementary Flight Training School. There are four rows of men in uniform. The back two rows are standing, the middle row is sitting and the front row is kneeling or crouching on a runway with 3 airplanes visible in the background. Back Row (left to right): Munro J.F., McCaw [?] J. F.L., Hill L.J., Coady [?] C.J., Harding R.C., Harvey B.M. Third Row (left to right): Sgt. Elliot A.R., Rolphe R.C., Tombs [?] C.M., Drake R.C., Pollard E.W., Judd R.P., King R.H., Orich [?] L.A., Smith R.A., Martin M.V.D., Harvey E.M., Meyers J.P., Goodfellow P., Bedell J.R., Allworth J.C. Second Row (left to right): Gold L.W., Coleman E.A., Nash, A.E., Boyer J.S., Ward F., F/O Thres L.W., F/O Kanaga [?] R.H., Chalk W.N., Hauser L.J., Collins R.L. Front Row (left to right): Waygood E.R., Norman J.L., Rowe F.S., Phillips H.A., Tennant J.S., Price W.G., Thatcher W., Pepler S.M., Swartz R.W., Yankee J.E., Poulton [?] E.A., Basarich G., Birminghan M.C. There are 8 black and white photographs with different exposures (labelled a-h) and 2 negative (labelled i and j). The photographs and negative were in a brown envelope with '900 6 min T4 Sky Harbour Oct. 9/41' written in pencil and '14' written in blue pencil. ..Object ID : A992.0003.023..View this item in the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol's collections database. ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/objects/A992.0003.023/A992.0003.023i ) ..Order a higher-quality version of this item (fee applies). ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/reproductions/order/A992.0003.023i )
Goderich Airport (ICAO: CYGD), also known as Goderich Municipal Airport, is a registered aerodrome located 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km; 1.7 mi) north of Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The aerodrome is best known as the home of Sky Harbour Aircraft, an aircraft paint shop. During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch. No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.
During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch.No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.