Instructor and Student, about 1940-1944
Photographer: J. Gordon Henderson ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/about-the-collection/j-gordon-henderson ) ..Description: .Black and white image of a man in uniform standing beside a plane and resting his hand on the front, a young airman dressed in a flight suit is standing on the other side of the plane. The picture was taken outside on a runway and there is the back of another airplane with the number 28 on it visible in the picture. The original negative (labelled a) is accompanied by 1 black and white print (labelled b) and 1 poorly printed proof (labelled c). The negative and photographs were kept in a brown envelope with '989 Sky Harbour Squadron Ldr King, Fl/Lt. Wilson, F/Lt Wilson, Squadron Ldr King, F/Lt Wilson, Squadron Ldr King, Squadron Ldr King, F/Lt Wilson' written on it in black ink. Also in the envelope were A992.0003.114, A992.0003.115, A992.0003.116, A992.0003.118, and A992.0003.119. ..Object ID : A992.0003.117..View this item in the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol's collections database. ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/objects/A992.0003.117/A992.0003.117a ) ..Order a higher-quality version of this item (fee applies). ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/reproductions/order/A992.0003.117a )
Goderich Airport (ICAO: CYGD), also known as Goderich Municipal Airport, is a registered aerodrome located 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km; 1.7 mi) north of Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The aerodrome is best known as the home of Sky Harbour Aircraft, an aircraft paint shop. During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch. No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.
During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch.No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.