Flight Lieutenant Wilson, about 1940-1945
Photographer: J. Gordon Henderson ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/about-the-collection/j-gordon-henderson ) ..Description: .Black and white image of a man wearing a stripped suit having his portrait taken. His right foot is propped up on a block. There are two wicker chairs, a door, and radio visible in the background. The negative was stored in a white envelope with '202 F/Lieut Wilson' written on the envelope in pencil. Also in the envelope were three other negatives. ..Object ID : A992.0003.356..View this item in the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol's collections database. ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/objects/A992.0003.356/A992.0003.356 ) ..Order a higher-quality version of this item (fee applies). ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/reproductions/order/A992.0003.356 )
Black and white images of RAF men and women marrying during WWII in Huron County, Ontario.
Goderich Airport (ICAO: CYGD), also known as Goderich Municipal Airport, is a registered aerodrome located 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km; 1.7 mi) north of Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The aerodrome is best known as the home of Sky Harbour Aircraft, an aircraft paint shop. During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch. No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.