Flight Lieutenant Wilson, about 1940-1945
Photographer: J. Gordon Henderson ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/about-the-collection/j-gordon-henderson ) ..Description: .Black and white image of a group of four people, two men and two women, posing for a picture. One of the women is standing on the left side of the picture wearing a dark coloured uniform with knee length skirt and a hat. The other woman is sitting in a chair wearing a dark coloured dress and light coloured scarf. The man in the centre of the group is standing behind the chair wearing a uniform. The man on the right side of the picture is wearing a stripped suit. The picture was taken indoors. The negative was stored in a white envelope with '202 F/Lieut Wilson' written on the envelope in pencil. Also in the envelope were three other negatives. ..Object ID : A992.0003.355..View this item in the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol's collections database. ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/objects/A992.0003.355/A992.0003.355 ) ..Order a higher-quality version of this item (fee applies). ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/reproductions/order/A992.0003.355 )
Black and white images of RAF men and women marrying during WWII in Huron County, Ontario.
Goderich Airport (ICAO: CYGD), also known as Goderich Municipal Airport, is a registered aerodrome located 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km; 1.7 mi) north of Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The aerodrome is best known as the home of Sky Harbour Aircraft, an aircraft paint shop. During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch. No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.