Cooks at Sky Harbour, about 1940-1944
Photographer: J. Gordon Henderson ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/about-the-collection/j-gordon-henderson ) ..Description: .Black and white image of the cooks at Sky Harbour No. 12 Elementary Flight Training School. The picture show two rows of people posing outside in front of a building. The back row is standing and consists of three men in white aprons, a man wearing a vest and hat, a woman in a printed dress, a man in uniform, and another man wearing a white shirt. The front row is sitting and there are ten girls in dark dresses with white collars, and a young man sitting in the centre wearing a white apron. One of two similar negatives (labelled a & b) that were accompanied by one black and white print (labelled c). The negatives and photograph were kept in a brown envelope with '1054 Cooks at Sky Harbour' written on it in pencil. Also included in the envelope was A992.0003.166. ..Object ID : A992.0003.165..View this item in the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol's collections database. ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/objects/A992.0003.165/A992.0003.165b ) ..Order a higher-quality version of this item (fee applies). ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/reproductions/order/A992.0003.165b )
Goderich Airport (ICAO: CYGD), also known as Goderich Municipal Airport, is a registered aerodrome located 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km; 1.7 mi) north of Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The aerodrome is best known as the home of Sky Harbour Aircraft, an aircraft paint shop. During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch. No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.
During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch.No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.