Commandos at Sky Harbour, 1943
Photographer: J. Gordon Henderson ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/about-the-collection/j-gordon-henderson ) ..Description: .Black and white image of three men swinging from ropes that are hanging from a wooden structure that is located in the middle of a field. There is a group of men in the distance watching them. The picture was taken outside and there are trees in the background. The negative (labelled a) was accompanied by one black and white photographic print (labelled b). Both the negative and the print were stored in a white envelope with '140 Commando's' written on it in blue ink...Object ID : A992.0003.291..View this item in the Huron County Museum & Historic Gaol's collections database. ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/objects/A992.0003.291/A992.0003.291a ) ..Order a higher-quality version of this item (fee applies). ( http://digital.huroncounty.ca/reproductions/order/A992.0003.291a )
Goderich Airport (ICAO: CYGD), also known as Goderich Municipal Airport, is a registered aerodrome located 1.5 nautical miles (2.8 km; 1.7 mi) north of Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The aerodrome is best known as the home of Sky Harbour Aircraft, an aircraft paint shop. During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch. No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.
During World War II, Goderich Airport hosted No. 12 Elementary Flying Training School for the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, providing initial pilot training for aircrews using the Fleet Finch.No. 12 EFTS opened on October 14, 1940 and closed on July 14, 1944.